Thursday, May 29, 2008
For two minutes and thirtyseven seconds we get to hear how Bently (supposedly led by the spirit) kicked and old woman in the face, punched a man so hard he fell and his tooth popped out, how he tackled and choked a man, how he beat a woman's leggs and did a leg drop on a Pastor. During his two minute rant and bragging session, the church audience sits and laughs at the pain he inflicted on others.
People in Florida, and around the nation are flocking to his "so called revival" to be touched by God. They had better be careful, it sounds to me like they are heading for a beat down!
In all sincerity, when will the church stop accepting these false teachers and preachers? Where is the discernment? Did you ever read in the bible where Jesus, Moses, Paul, Elijah, or Paul did a leg drop on someone to heal them? Have you read anywhere in your bible where God instructs us to kick someone in the face to start the move of God? It is not there, because it is not from God. Bently is hearing a spirit, but it is not the Holy Spirit. Todd Bently is a false teacher who needs to repent, and the church who has blindly embraced him needs to wake up, and repent for accepting these false teachers into their pulpits.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Now there is alot of evidence out there about Oprah's blatant opposition to Christ (in her own words). Check You Tube for the actual footage. She believes there are many ways to God. Which of course is a blatant lie. The word of God is very clear on this point:
"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life", Jesus replied. "No one can come to the Father unless he comes thru Me".
Oprah knows this and rejects it, she also supports and propogates the New Age repackaged "Course on Miracles". This course is complete deception, which concentrates it's focus on the individual being god. I am happy to say that no matter how much money she has, she cannot purchase godhood, nor can she create her own way to heaven. There is One God, not the multiple billions that her corrupt philosophy adopts. According to reports, she has over 300 million registered users on her course on miracles website.
It is a sad day when a so called "Christian" radio station will knowingly put a false teacher on the airwaves because of advertising dollars. This is the spirit of the age, one of compromise and rebellion. I for one will not support or listen to a radio station like this.
15. You must constantly be on the alert for men who preach a false message. They come to you looking like gentle sheep, but if you could look inside their hearts, you would discover that they are bloodthirsty wolves who will tear you apart!
16. You will be able to tell what they really are by the fruits they bear. Do you gather grapes from thorn bushes or figs from thistles?
17. The obvious truth is: Every good tree always produces good fruit, but a bad tree always produces poisonous or worthless fruit.
18. A good tree cannot produce poisonous or worthless fruit, and a corrupt tree cannot produce good fruit.
19. Every tree that fails to produce good fruit will soon be cut down and thrown into the fire.
20. So you will be sure to recognize false preachers by the fuits they produce.
21. Not everyone who continues to call Me "Lord" will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who practice obedience to My Father in Heaven will be allowed in.
22. On Judgment Day there will be many who will say to Me, "But, Lord! O Lord! Didn't we prophesy and preach in Your name? We even drove out demons and performed many miracles in Your name!"
23. "Then I will reply, "I never knew you. Get out of My presence, you who insist on living as you please instead of obeying God!"
The Lord clearly outlines in the above passage that we will know a tree by it's fruit. He also cautions us in verse 15 that things are not always as they seem. You must constantly be vigilant about the truth. Every message preached, taught, or shared must be analized by the word of God, the bible. Don't just take every teaching that your favorite television, internet or local preacher says. You must analize what is being said against the word of God. In every case, the word of God is always correct. But sadly, not every person rightly divides the word.
It is quite amazing to me that many spend more time in front of their televisions, watching their favorite shows than in God's Holy Word. Verse 21 tells us the importance of practicing obedience to the Father. How can you practice obedience if you don't know what He says? How can you know what He says, if you don't spend time in His word?
Some christians today have fast food christianity. They treat the Lord like a quick trip through the drive thru. A quick trip to church on Sunday morning to hear their preacher deliver a topical self-help sermon or maybe only a quick trip to the T.V. and their favorite preacher so their self-esteem will be stroked for the week, then it's on with their own life until the next Sunday when they do it again. I contend that this is not the christianity of the bible. This is an example of a modern lukewarm Laodicean christian.
I am not saying that modern day christians have rejected God, although some certainly have. But the problem with today's church is that most christians in the modern church have a solid commitment to self, and a lukewarm commitment to God. This simply is not good enough.
Please read verse 23 again: "Then I will reply, "I never knew you. Get out of My presence, you who insist on living as you please instead of obeying God!"
On judgement day will this be the charge against you? Will you be guilty of living the way you want to rather than obeying God? I pray my brother and sister, that you will not be found guilty of this charge. Please commit yourself to reading God's word, and obeying His commands. Examine everything you hear through the lens of God's word. Be a fruit inspector, a tree will always produce fruit after it's kind.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Joshua 25:15-16 (Joshua Preaching)
15. And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. 16. And the people answered and said, God forbid that we should forsake the LORD, to serve other gods;
Acts 7:51-53 (Stephen Preaching)
51. Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. 52. Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: 53. Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.
Acts 2:25 (Peter Preaching)
36. Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. 37. Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? 38. Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Acts 4:10-14 (Peter and John Preaching)
10. Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. 11. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. 12. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. 13. Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus. 14. And beholding the man which was healed standing with them, they could say nothing against it.
Acts 26:24-29 (Paul Preaching)
24. And as he thus spake for himself, Festus said with a loud voice, Paul, thou art beside thyself; much learning doth make thee mad. 25. But he said, I am not mad, most noble Festus; but speak forth the words of truth and soberness. 26. For the king knoweth of these things, before whom also I speak freely: for I am persuaded that none of these things are hidden from him; for this thing was not done in a corner. 27. King Agrippa, believest thou the prophets? I know that thou believest. 28. Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian. 29. And Paul said, I would to God, that not only thou, but also all that hear me this day, were both almost, and altogether such as I am, except these bonds.
Luke 3:7-9 (John the Baptist Preaching)
7. Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8. Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham. 9. And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
There are many other examples of preaching to choose from in the Bible. The kindest, gentlest thing for every Christian to do is preach the truth, the whole word of God.
When we waffle in preaching the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. Waffles from the pulpit, waffles from a preacher, and waffles from christian brothers and sisters are by definition "compromise." It does not matter what you put on it to sweeten it up, if you are not proclaiming the full gospel of God, you are not preaching the word, you are preaching error.
Today many churches cater to Christians who have itching ears, they want to be entertained, not convicted. They want to feel good, not ashamed of sin. They want to be told they can have the best of both worlds, to have the world and God too. But that simply is not what the bible teaches. We are in the world but we are to be seperate. We are to be holy, for God is holy. We are to crucify self, not try and satisfy every selfish desire. We are to take up our cross daily and follow Him, not the latest feel good (I'm ok, your ok) message by our favorite T.V. preacher.
Waffles are a great food, but they don't go with preaching at all.
2 Timothy 4:2 - Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Perhaps Mr. Graham needs to remember the following passage: Acts 5:26-29
26. Then went the captain with the officers, and brought them without violence: for they feared the people, lest they should have been stoned.
27. And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them,
28. Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man’s blood upon us.
29. Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
When the preaching of the gospel is illegal shouldn't you obey God rather than man? Franklin is supporting a position that is clearly against the word of God. This is another sign of the times.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
1. The Emerging Church cancer has spread it's vile tenticles into every denomination and non-denominational church.
2. Modern churches have become self-help centers, where people come to find out how to improve self and to get riches from God.
3. False teachers, preachers and prophets bombard the airwaves through television, radio and the internet.
4. Yoga and other Eastern mystical practices are now openly embraced by the modern church.
5. The Word of God is no longer relied on for guidance from God. The modern church is driven by prophetic utterances which have totally departed from the written word.
6. Christians who uphold the Bible and are looking for the return of our Lord are labled "Extreemists", not only by the world, but also by the modern church.
7. The modern church is now embracing an "I'm ok, Your ok" worldview. They think you can just add Jesus to whatever you are doing and you are good to go.
8. There is a definite move back to the Roman Church, something many Reformers gave their lives to move away from.
9. Barking like dogs, clucking like chickens and acting like you have totally lost your mind at the altar are now considered, "blessings from God", or a "move of the spirit".
10. Modern churches support and endorse preachers driving luxery cars, wearing Rolex watches and living in multi-million dollar homes, and they are touted as an example of living by faith, while starving christians in Africa and Asia are viewed as not having enough faith.
I could go on and on with the garbage that is trying to pass itself off as the modern church. The so called modern church needs to repent before God, and renounce it's unscriptural behavior. Please don't misunderstand, I love my brothers and sisters in the Lord. I desperately pray that they return to God, return to His word. Please, before it's too late. We are running out of time. God will not withhold His judgement forever. He loves you, Repent!
Monday, May 5, 2008
When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.
8. When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
9. Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.
Some believe that this blog is unloving. That could not be further from the truth. The reason for this blog is that I do love my brothers and sisters in Christ. My attempts are to warn them from the deception that is so prevasive in the church today.
Jesus said in John 14:15, "If ye love me, keep my commandments". If you are not keeping the commandments of God, then you are showing that you do not love Him. Read 1 John 5:2, "By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
As you can see, we demonstrate our love for God by keeping his commandments. If we are not, then we demonstrate the opposite. There are Apostates, and False Teachers out there leading Christians away from God.
2 John 9, "Anyone who does not remain in the teaching about Christ, but goes beyond it, does not have God. The one who remains in that teaching, this one has both the Father and the Son".
Also read 1 Corinthians 4:6, "Now, brothers, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the saying: "Nothing beyond what is written." The purpose is that none of you will be inflated with pride in favor of one person over another".
All over the church people are going beyond the word of God by speaking Prophesies that are not scriptural. They twist and take out of context the word of God to make it fit their demonic message. They site their fellow false prophets and teachers to reinforce their doctrine of wickedness. Did you read the scripture, "A little leaven, leavens the whole lump"? Their teaching is deceptive, destructive and deadly. A little cyanide in a tasty cherry pie, will still kill you. You cannot accept any false teachers or teachings. You must correct and if needs be reject any brother or sister who will not repent of false teachings.
If you want to know what is true, then you must read God's word for yourself. You must study to show yourself approved unto God. Then, if you really want to walk in love, tell your brothers and sisters. Warn them if they stray. Warn them of false teachers, preachers or prophets. If you don't their blood may be on your hands.
Thursday, May 1, 2008
1 And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.
2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
There seems to be a disconnect happening in the the modern church. The church is trying to model itself more and more like the world, thinking that they need to look, act, and sound like the world to win the world. Seems like God and the Apostle Paul would disagree with them.